Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

I never post w/o a pic of my children. After all this is a blog about my children. However, today I am excited about the future of our nation! Since the first day of 2009 I have had the song... "what the world needs now is love sweet love...." in my head. I only know that short part and sing it over and over and my kids keep saying "can you sing something else?" I am just excited about a nation that seems ready to get back to the basics... the simpler things... like working hard, peace, equality, getting rid of debt, education, .... well the list goes on.

I am hopeful. My kids are experiencing an amazing event today. My 6 and 4 year old were not pleased that "lazy town" was turned off in order to see our 44th president sworn in, but sacrifices need to made by all of us:)

Perhaps later I will post a picture of the excitement on their cute little faces.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Watching a new president being sworn in is an amazing thing. It makes me so thankful to live in a country where we can have peaceful elections and transitions.

The Sorensen Family said...

The inaguration really was fantastic. Kinsley was also pretty ticked that Curious George was replaced with "mommy shows". She ended up enjoying some of it. Hope things are going well for you and your family!